This article is the continuation of my previous article “The Power of Faith”. Affirmation is perhaps not a strange word to you. You must have known it well. Affirmation is the action of telling something or saying words to yourself. Sometimes people call it as incantation. Affirmation is one of the ways to increase and empower your faith. But many people have wrong perception about how to use this affirmation effectively. They think and assume that by just saying words repeatedly, it will have the effect. If you just say, “I’m successful, I’m successful, I’m successful, I’m successful, I’m successful…”, it will have no effect. It is just the same as you are reading.

One factor that enhances the success of affirmation is the inclusion of your emotion combining with the words / affirmation you use. When you repeat words combining with your full emotion, soon you will believe in what you are saying to yourself. The better way is when you repeat that words with your emotion while you make some movement. Please note that your emotion must be positive and constructive emotion, not negative one. You can practice and use affirmation while you are jogging in the park. Use one sentence or words that you think is the best and fit for you. The following is some example of affirmation and you can make your own too.

  1. I’m stronger and more successful every day.
  2. I’m rich, successful and happy.
  3. There is no failure, only success or result.
  4. Other people can, and I can, too.
  5. I will achieve success.
  6. I have achieved…….. (Your goal) and many more.

One of athletes that use affirmation is Tiger Woods. His room is full of writings, pictures and golf records from the former golfer. Before sleeping and after waking up in the morning, he does the affirmation by saying, “I break your record!” repeatedly and emotionally. Every time he breaks the record, the writing or picture of the record is scored out. Now almost all of the records have been scored out.

Another example is Muhammad Ali. Before boxing, he repeatedly said the words emotionally “I KO him in round 3!” and even when boxing, he said, “I KO you in round 3! Often, his opponent was really KO in round 3 or even before round 3.

I ever attend a very powerful seminar about personal development in Indonesia where there was an amazing section about affirmation or auto-suggestion. In that section, the light was all turned off. All of the participants must shouted “I’m surely successful” loudly yet repeatedly with full power and emotion. With the background song “The Final Countdown”, I and other participants began the affirmation. Most of us shouted until we cried. But from that moment, my faith was significantly stronger and believed that what I shouted would come true. I lost my voice for several days due to too much shouting. But this was incredible experience for me. Unfortunately, the participant can only attend this seminar once in a lifetime. There is no second chance to attend it more.

Tips: now, what is your affirmation? Write down your favorite affirmation or affirmation that work best for you, and practice and say it with full emotion combining with movement.

Daily motivation
.

1 comments

  1. Quotes Love // 9:31 PM

    Really like how well this blog has been set out, it has even given me some ideas for my blog. Good job.