Daily Motivation - May 24, 2008

One day, an old emperor planned to resign from his reign and gave his throne to his successor. But unfortunately, he had no son and he only had a daughter, so he would give it to someone who was completely trustworthy to manage the kingdom. And finally he got 5 men who qualified for being the next emperor.

And when the 5 men were gathered, the emperor told them, “I’m too old now to manage the kingdom. So, I will retire and choose one of you to replace me as an emperor. Because of that, I will give you a test.” And he gave each man a seed of plant. He then said, “I give every one of you a seed. And your homework is to try making it grow. The one who can grow it will be the winner and will qualify for the next emperor. I give you 2 weeks from now. 2 weeks later, take and show me your result.”

2 weeks later, the 5 men gathered as they were told by the emperor. After a while, the emperor came to see what they have done. 4 of them succeeded in making the seed grow, but one man met the failure. He couldn’t make it grow well. The emperor looked at him and smiled. Then he said, “Finally, I have found the next emperor. You will be the next emperor.” The emperor pointed to the man who failed to grow the seed. Everybody was surprise because the emperor said before that the winner was someone who was able to grow the seed. They wondered why he was the winner, and in the other side, he couldn’t do the task.

Then the emperor said, “Do you know why I choose him to be my successor? This is because he is completely honest. He is truly trustworthy. He is reliable. This is because all of the seed I gave you have been boiled, so it is impossible to grow. 4 men could make it grow, so I can say that they cheat, they lie, and they are unreliable. Do you want them to be an emperor? Fortunately, there is only a man who is so honest. So he is competent and deserves to be an emperor.”

Message for readers:

If you break the trust someone give you, they will no longer trust in you. So trust is so important for your success. People listen to you because they trust in you. If you are in sales area, people will buy from you because they trust in you. So, losing trust means that you lose your customer. If you are reliable or trustworthy, people will love you, they will like you, they will listen and do what you tell them, they will buy from you, they will be glad with you, they will follow you as a leader and you will build more relationships and networks with others.

Daily Motivation.

2 comments

  1. Melissa // 10:54 AM

    Thanks for the post on trust. I have found that I have needed to build my trust in myself and in others by improving the way I think about my life. Changing Your Course has helped me accomplish this.

  2. Motivational Speaker Brisbane // 10:09 PM

    I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks.