One day, there was a man walking for a long time in the hot arid desert. He was very exhausted because he was in a great thirst. He had run out of water and hadn’t drunk water for days. He kept on walking and walking slowly and saw everywhere if there was someone can help him. His steps were getting heavier and slower and he knew that he couldn’t survive for long if he didn’t overcome his thirst. He must found the water immediately to survive and got out of this dry desert. No plants, no water, only sand everywhere as far as his eyes looked at.After a while, luck came to him. There was another man in the desert with a camel walking toward him. The man was very excited and hoped the man could help him or gave him some water. Quickly, he ran into him and asked him directly, “Hi, mister. Please help me. I haven’t drunk water for days. I’m very thirsty now. I run out of supply of water. Would you please give me some water to drink? I don’t know where I can ask for help, there's nothing and nobody here. Fortunately, you’re here. So can you give me a help, please? Only you can help me because you’re the only one I meet in this desert.” Then the man said to him, “Of course. I will help you gladly. By the way, I have only a little supply of water. It’s only enough for one person. If I give you the water, it won’t be enough for me. But don’t worry, you will get the water and you can drink as much water as you want.” Immediately, he put out a sheet of silk and gave it to him and said, “Take this silk. It will help you. I can only help you more on this. Good luck.” But the man scolded him, “All I need now is water. I don’t need everything but water. I’m very tired and thirsty, but why you give me such thing. It can’t help me more. Just say if you have no willing to help me, I’ll appreciate it.”The man on the camel explained, “Listen to me. Let me explain it to you first…” Before the man could explained, he got angrier and said, “I don’t need your explanation. I need water. Your explanation doesn’t help me better. Thanks. I must leave now.” And he left the man behind and walked away from him. He made a step by step and he felt greater thirst. He didn’t know when he would find the water. All he knew was that he must survived and found the water as quickly as possible.Another luck came to him. Finally, what he wanted most for a long time had appeared. He could see a fountain over there. The closer he walked, the clearer what he saw. It’s really water. He was in great excitement. With the energy left from his body, he ran into the fountain guarded by a man. Before he could take the fresh water, the guard immediately stopped him and said, “You may drink as much water as you like, but there’s a rule you must know. Everybody who wants to drink this water, regardless who he/she is, must have a sheet of silk as payment of the water.” The man was in great shock. He regretted why he hadn’t taken the silk given previously by the man he met before.

--Message for readers:

There’re so many chances or opportunities in this world. A long time ago, if we want to achieve great success, we must achieve it much harder than today’s people do. Today, we live in information era. Everybody who has the most knowledge and information will be able to achieve success and rule the world. When people lived in industrial era, people who had more money or capital will do and achieve more in their life. People who live today have more luck, because everybody has the same opportunities and chances to achieve what they truly want depends on their willing. There will be so many opportunities you’ll see if you’re aware of them. Unfortunately, however, there’re so many people who don’t see or don’t even want to take the opportunities. They know that the opportunities they’ve seen are very good, but they’re in their place still, don’t take action to take them, let them pass them by or being taken by other people. You must know that if you don’t take the good opportunities that come to you, other people will take them. Opportunity will come to your life once in a lifetime. There’s no same old second chance. Once it comes, take it or miss it forever.Don’t be a man like the story above. He was given the silk as an opportunity. However, he decided not to take it, so that he missed it and consequently, he wasn’t permitted to have the water by the guard. There are some reasons why people don’t take opportunities even he know that they are good ones. The most common reason is people are afraid. They’re afraid of failure, they’re afraid of change, they’re afraid of trying something new or anything. Their fear withholds them to go ahead, so they still in their comfort zone, eventhough they realize that those opportunities can drive them into richer, better and more successful life.So promise to yourself to take action when good opportunities come to your life, and remember that there’s no second chance, it comes only once in a lifetime. Take it or someone is going to take it from you.

1 comments

  1. Living Quotes // 8:55 PM

    Wow, that's great. Thanks for sharing about "Motivational story : In the desert." Keep posting stuff like this I really like it.